It’s BJCP Election time folks. Over the years I have seen quite a few people bitch and moan in regard to something about the BJCP, but I rarely see people step up to the plate and run for office. Here is your chance to make a difference.
This year three of the seven BJCP Board of Directors positions are up for election. For 2013 those regions are:
Alaska, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, Yukon
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont
New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec
All countries outside the United States and Canada are also included in this region.
Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming
Potential candidates will need to be nominated (by themselves or others) and have 5 endorsements.
Nominations are now being accepted through March 31. The details can be found here:
Send an email to the Election Committee. Candidates may nominate themselves, or may be nominated by others. If nominated by others, the candidate must accept the nomination. All nominated candidates must receive five endorsements to be placed on the ballot. These endorsements are also sent to the same email address, as are any questions about the election process.
Candidates for the office of regional representative must meet the following requirements:
* Candidates must live in the region they represent at the time of the election.
* Candidates must be an Active member of the BJCP.
* Candidates must hold the rank of Certified or higher.
* Candidates must receive the endorsements (simple email acknowledgment) from five other Active judges who reside in the same region by the Nominations Closed date.
* Candidates must supply a candidate statement and photo for the web site by the Candidate Statements Due date.
So if you live in one of the three contested regions and like to complain I dare you to put up or shut up. If you don’t run or entice someone with views similar to yours to run then I’ll remind you when you complain just how much of a wuss you really are! 😉