Often the question comes up about the BJCP badges and why people cannot access the system. It’s actually a very simple answer, the online database has not yet been replicated. The badge ordering system works like this:
- For new judges once you take the judging exam a record is created.
- This record is not on the website database until the database is uploaded and replicated. The date of the last update will show on the BJCP Home Page in the column to the right below Check your record
- Once you see a rank indicated in your record you are now eligible to order a badge.
- The badge ordering system is not automatic and the badges are ordered every few months.
- Once the badge order is sent to the vendor to be filled it may take some additional time for them to process the order and ship your badge to you.